Saturday, December 6, 2008

Why DeborahofZion?

As you may have noticed, I picked DeborahofZion as my blog name. For many years now, I have used this as my user name on many sites. The reason?

Well, let's start with Deborah. My parent's didn't give me a christian name, so when I became a born-again christian , I took the liberty to give myself one. I chose Deborah, way before I met my darling husband whose mother's name is Deborah :-)

Deborah is one of the great women mentioned in the bible. She is mentioned in Judges 4 and 5.
There are four characteristics that I strive towards by the grace of God. They are her leadership skills, her confidence, courage and wisdom.

Zion is a place. I have always been so different, so I figured why not be DeborahofZion. Seriously, do you see me laughing.

Bye for now.